The Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management has been distinguished as one of the top hospitality programs in the United States. More than 2,000 students from around the world choose FIU for its reputation, advantageous campus locations, expert faculty, rich curriculum, and fast-track career opportunities. Its fields span the international hotel, food service and tourism industries.
- Ackerman, Lindsay, Instructor
- Ahmad, Imran, Research Assistant Professor
- Ambe Cohen, Rossy, Instructor
- Angelo, Rocco, Temporary Professor
- Beckman, Eric, Assistant Professor
- Benton, Aurora, Adjunct Lecturer
- Bergquist, Brian, Adjunct Lecturer
- Bloom, Barry, Adjunct Lecturer
- Buschman, John, Postdoctoral Associate
- Cain, Lisa, Assistant Professor
- Chang, Howook, Assistant Professor
- Cheng, Michael, Associate Professor
- Cilli, Joseph, Instructor
- Connors, Brian, Instructor
- Cormany, Daniel, Assistant Professor
- Dai, Hui, Lecturer
- Dalessandro, Mark, Adjunct Lecturer
- Dodge, Nathan, Instructor
- Donato, Robert, Adjunct Lecturer
- Draper, Dalton, Instructor
- Feigenheimer, Joel, Instructor
- Garcia, Alan, Adjunct Lecturer
- Gonzalez, Joel, Adjunct Lecturer
- Gump, Barry, Eminent Scholar
- Hampton, Terry Michael, Professor
- Hebrank, William, Temporary Lecturer
- Huang, Wenbo, Assistant Professor
- Jahn Jr, Warren, Adjunct Lecturer
- Kitterlin, Miranda, Associate Professor
- Lerner, Brian, Adjunct Lecturer
- Li, Yunfei, Instructor
- Liu, Danqing, Instructor
- Logan, Twila Mae, Adjunct Lecturer
- Lopez Echevarria, Betsy, Adjunct Lecturer
- Lusby, Carolin, Assistant Professor
- Masi, John, Instructor
- Moreo, Andrew, Assistant Professor
- Newman, Diann, Faculty Administrator
- Oh, Dongyun, Assistant Professor
- Probst, Roger, Instructor
- Qureshi, Mohammad, Faculty Administrator
- Scanlon, Nancy, Associate Professor
- Serret, Celine, Instructor
- Shu, Fang, Assistant Professor
- Sun, Jizhe, Professor
- Tanke, Mary, Associate Professor
- Tao, Wei, Instructor
- Thomas, John, Associate Professor
- Wang, Hongye, Assistant Professor
- Wang, Miao, Assistant Professor
- Whitney, Premila, Adjunct Lecturer
- Xin, Tian, Professor
- Zhao, Jinlin, Professor
select organization publications
2019Utilizing trade market analysis to identify the economic impact of a multiday special event in Miami Beach, Florida. TOURISM ECONOMICS. 25.
2019Drug use and its perceived consequences: A comparison of foodservice and non-foodservice employees. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT. 77.
2018Impact of a commercially available ion-exchange resin used in red wines to reduce toxic compounds: effect on pH, oxidation-reduction potential, color, and sensory attributes. JOURNAL OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY-MYSORE. 55.
2018Intramural sports' participation produce self-efficacy in hospitality leaders. JOURNAL OF HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT. 34.
2018Customers' Perceptions of Employee Engagement: Fortifying the Service-Profit Chain. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM ADMINISTRATION. 19.
2018Executive chefs' calling: effect on engagement, work-life balance and life satisfaction. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT. 30.
2018Factors influencing Iranian consumers' attitudes toward fast-food consumption. BRITISH FOOD JOURNAL. 120:409-423.
2017Exploring urban tourism crowding in Shanghai via crowdsourcing geospatial data. CURRENT ISSUES IN TOURISM. 20:1186-1209.
2017Hotel crimes: An unexplored victimization in the hospitality industry. SECURITY JOURNAL. 30:1097-1111.
2017Motivations and Experiences of Whitewater Rafting Tourists on the Ocoee River, USA. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF TOURISM RESEARCH. 19:257-267.
2017The effects of festival attendees' experiential values and satisfaction on re-visit intention to the destination The case of a food and wine festival. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT. 29:1005-1027.
2017The reverse model of repositioning: A case study of the Howard Johnson hotel chain in China. JOURNAL OF GLOBAL SCHOLARS OF MARKETING SCIENCE. 27.
2016An Evaluation of the Research Chefs Association's Bachelor of Science in Culinology (R) Core Competencies. JOURNAL OF HOSPITALITY & TOURISM EDUCATION. 28.
2016Attitudes of Agricultural Experts Toward Genetically Modified Crops: A Case Study in Southwest Iran. SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING ETHICS. 22:509-524.
2016Chinese domestic tourist perceptions of wind farms experiences. JOURNAL OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM. 24:1569-1583.
2016Performance Trends of Hotels and Casino Hotels Through the Recession: An ARIMA With Intervention Analysis of Stock Indices. JOURNAL OF HOSPITALITY MARKETING & MANAGEMENT. 25:49-68.
2016WINERY TOURISM IN CHINA. STRATEGIC WINERY TOURISM AND MANAGEMENT: BUILDING COMPETITIVE WINERY TOURISM AND WINERY MANAGEMENT STRATEGY. 127-142.
2016Would an Energy Conservation Nudge in Hotels Encourage Hotel Guests to Conserve?. CORNELL HOSPITALITY QUARTERLY. 57:172-183.
2015Foodservice employee substance abuse: is anyone getting the message?. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT. 27:810-826.
2014Consumers' behaviors when eating out Does eating out change consumers' intention to eat healthily?. BRITISH FOOD JOURNAL. 116:494-509.
2010Brand Rights and Hotel Management Agreements Lessons from Ritz-Carlton Bali's Lawsuit against the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. CORNELL HOSPITALITY QUARTERLY. 51:215-230.
2010Practical methods of measuring grape quality. MANAGING WINE QUALITY, VOLUME 1: VITICULTURE AND WINE QUALITY. 107-133.
2009An exploratory study of US lodging properties' organizational practices on employee turnover and retention. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CONTEMPORARY HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT. 21:437-458.
2009Comparison of Combined Titrametric Analysis of TA and YAN with Traditional Measurements. AMERICAN JOURNAL OF ENOLOGY AND VITICULTURE. 406A-406A.
2019Factors influencing cruise vacations: the impact of online reviews and environmental friendliness. TOURISM REVIEW. 400-415.
1989ELECTRIC POET. COMPUTERS AND THE HUMANITIES.