Dr. Fabiano is a professor of psychology at Florida International University (FIU). He is a core faculty member in the Clinical Science in Child in Adolescent Psychology Doctoral Program and the Center for Children and Families (CCF).
His program of research has focused on the development, validation and implementation of effective assessments and interventions for children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and their families. He has expertise in assessment and intervention development and implementation for youth with ADHD. This has included the development a rating scale teachers and parents can use to indicate impairment in daily life functioning, a parenting intervention for fathers of children with ADHD, a school-based behavioral intervention for children with ADHD in special education placements and an intensive psychosocial intervention for novice teen drivers with ADHD. He has served as principal investigator or co-investigator on multiple clinical trials that investigated psychosocial and/or pharmacological treatments for ADHD, and these studies have included multiple designs (single-subject, cross-over, between group, adaptive treatment).
ADHD assessment and treatment; Parenting; School intervention;Effective assesments for children and youth with ADHD
Effective parenting interventions, with an emphasis on fathers and whole families
Effective school-based interventions, with an emphasis on integratiing effective treatments in both regular and special education settings
Systematic reviews and meta-analyses of the ADHD treatment literature
Scholarly & Creative Works
principal investigator on
- Single and Combined Effects of Positive Behavior Support, Medication and Academic Accommodation for Children with ADHD awarded by Child Health and Human Development 2021 - 2026
- Engaging Male Caregivers in Effective Prevention Programming to Reduce Risk of Violence and Violence-Related Injury awarded by Disease Control and Prevention 2021 - 2024
- Development of strategies to reduce the impact of the relative age effect on kindergarteners with ADHD awarded by National Institute of Mental Health 2020 - 2023
- Project Enhancing IEP Implementation of Children with ADHD Using Daily Report Cards: An Efficacy Trial (PASS) awarded by Institute of Education Sciences 2019 - 2022
- A Naturalistic Study of Functional Impairment for Individuals with ADHD in the Early Morning and Late Afternoon/Evening Hours awarded by Adlon Therapeutics L.P. 2020 - 2021
co-principal investigator on
- Gregory Fabiano
- https://orcid.org/0000-0001-9029-8493 (confirmed)