Florence George joined FIU as an Assistant Professor of Statistics in August 2007, soon after she graduated with her PhD in Statistics from University of South Florida. She did her M.S (Statistics) at Mahatma Gandhi University, M. Phil. (Statistics) at Cochin University of Science & Technology and Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Science & Applications at University of Kerala, all in India.
Dr. George started her career as a Research Associate at the Central Plantation Crops Research Institute (CPCRI), Govt. of India. After having worked for two years at CPCRI, she joined Marian College, one of the pioneering institutions under Mahatma Gandhi University, as a Lecturer in Statistics. She worked at Marian College for five years, after which she moved to the University of South Florida.
Florence’s scholarship and research centers on Applied Statistics, Distribution Theory and Biostatistics. She has about 26 publications in peer-reveiwed journals and has served in numerous Masters and PhD committees. She is proficient in many programming languages, databases and editors like R, SPlus, SAS, SPSS, Oracle, Mat Lab, Latex and MS office, with proven record of certifications in SAS and Oracle.
- Applied Statistics, Biostatistics, Distribution Theory, High Dimensional Data Analysis, Model Selection, Statistics in Medicine and Public Health
Scholarly & Creative Works
Other Scholarly Work
Works By Students
chaired theses and dissertations
- Adefisoye, James Olusegun, An Assessment of the Performances of Several Univariate Tests of Normality 2015
- Shah, Smit, Comparison of Some Improved Estimators for Linear Regression Model under Different Conditions 2015
- Haddon, Andrew L, Evaluation of Some Statistical Methods for the Identification of Differentially Expressed Genes 2015
co-principal investigator on
- Florence George
- https://orcid.org/0000-0002-4901-963X (confirmed)