2018Racial Residential Segregation and STI Diagnosis Among Non-Hispanic Blacks, 2006-2010. JOURNAL OF IMMIGRANT AND MINORITY HEALTH. 20.
2017Heterogeneity Within and Across Households in Hurricane Evacuation Response. NETWORKS & SPATIAL ECONOMICS. 17:645-680.
2017Modeling joint evacuation decisions in social networks: The case of Hurricane Sandy. JOURNAL OF CHOICE MODELLING. 25:50-60.
2017The Role of Social Networks and Information Sources on Hurricane Evacuation Decision Making. NATURAL HAZARDS REVIEW. 18.
2016Modeling Shadow Evacuation for Hurricanes with Random-Parameter Logit Model. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. 43-51.
2015Hurricane Evacuation Route Choice of Major Bridges in Miami Beach, Florida. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. 164-173.
2015Racial residential segregation and risky sexual behavior among non-Hispanic blacks, 2006-2010. SOCIAL SCIENCE & MEDICINE. 140:95-103.
2014An agent-based modeling system for travel demand simulation for hurricane evacuation. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH PART C-EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES. 42:44-59.
2014Analysis of hurricane evacuee mode choice behavior. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH PART C-EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES. 48:37-46.
2014How to Evacuate: Model for Understanding the Routing Strategies during Hurricane Evacuation. JOURNAL OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING. 140:61-69.
2014Statistical Analysis of the Number of Household Vehicles Used for Hurricane Ivan Evacuation. JOURNAL OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING. 140.
2013An integrated multi-criteria scenario evaluation web tool for participatory land-use planning in urbanized areas: The Ecosystem Portfolio Model. ENVIRONMENTAL MODELLING & SOFTWARE. 41.
2013American parents' willingness to prescribe psychoactive drugs to children: a test of cultural mediators. SOCIAL PSYCHIATRY AND PSYCHIATRIC EPIDEMIOLOGY. 48:1873-1887.
2012Changes in Evacuation Decisions Between Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina. TRANSPORTATION RESEARCH RECORD. 98-107.
2012Exile Politics and Republican Party Affiliation: The Case of Cuban Americans in Miami. SOCIAL SCIENCE QUARTERLY. 93:42-57.
2011Behavioral Model to Understand Household-Level Hurricane Evacuation Decision Making. JOURNAL OF TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING. 137:341-348.
2010ETHNIC DIFFERENCES IN HIV RISK PERCEPTIONS AND BEHAVIORS AMONG BLACK 18-39 YEAR-OLD RESIDENTS OF BROWARD COUNTY, FLORIDA. AIDS EDUCATION AND PREVENTION. 22:160-171.
2009AIDS-Related Stigma Among Black and Hispanic Young Adults. AIDS AND BEHAVIOR. 13:1178-1188.
2009Identifying HIV Risk-Reduction Strategies for Hispanic Populations in Broward County. ANNALS OF EPIDEMIOLOGY. 19:567-574.
2009Social Science Research Needs for the Hurricane Forecast and Warning System. BULLETIN OF THE AMERICAN METEOROLOGICAL SOCIETY. 90:25-29.
1984TEST OF A HIERARCHICAL MODEL OF AUTO CHOICE ON DATA FROM THE NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION SURVEY. HUMAN ORGANIZATION. 43.
1985ABSTRACTION VERSUS HOW IT IS - IN CONCLUSION. ANTHROPOLOGY & EDUCATION QUARTERLY.
2002GIS technique for reaching a hard-to-find high HIV risk sample. XIV INTERNATIONAL AIDS CONFERENCE: PREVENTION SCIENCE.
principal investigator on
- Holistic investigation using interdisciplinary approach awarded by National Science Foundation 2012 - 2015
- Communication and Understanding of Hurricane Sandy Storm Surge Forecast and Warning Information awarded by National Science Foundation 2013 - 2015
- Collaborative Proposal: DRU: Incorporating Household Decision Making and Dynamic Transportation Modeling in Hurricane Evacuation: An Integrated Social Science-Engineering Approach. awarded by National Science Foundation 2008 - 2012
- Alabama and Mississippi Behavioral Analysis awarded by SOCResearch Miami 2011 - 2012
- Behavioral Survey for the GA Hurricane Evacuation Study awarded by SOCResearch Miami 2010 - 2011
- Technical Assistance on Quality of Life Sub-Model of the USGS Ecological Portfolio Model. awarded by U.S. Geological Survey 2009 - 2010
- Technical Assistance on Community Quality of Life Sub-Model of the USGS Ecological Portfolio Model. awarded by U.S. Geological Survey 2008 - 2009
- Telephone Survey for Immigrant Transnationalism and Modes of Incorporation. awarded by National Science Foundation 2008 - 2009
- Technical Assistance on Community Quality of Life Sub-Model of the USGS Ecological Portfolio Model. awarded by U.S. Geological Survey 2008
co-principal investigator on
- Communicating Forecast Information to Optimize Evacuation Behavior. awarded by National Science Foundation 2009 - 2014
- The Resilient Rural America: Drivers of Speedy and High Quality Recovery Following a Disaster awarded by National Science Foundation 2010 - 2014
- Prescribing Psychotropic Drugs to Youth: Cultural Factors in Parental Attitudes. awarded by National Institutes of Health 2008 - 2010
- Hugh Gladwin
Recent publications and grants in Scholars@FIU
publication subject areas
- Biomedical Social Sciences
- Business & Economics
- Computer Science
- Education & Educational Research
- Environmental Sciences & Ecology
- Government & Law
- Meteorology & Atmospheric Sciences
- Operations Research & Management Science
- Public, Environmental & Occupational Health
- Social Sciences - Other Topics
- Water Resources