2015The transcription factors Ets1 and Sox10 interact during murine melanocyte development. DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY. 407:300-312.
2013Periodontal Ligament Cells Cultured Under Steady-Flow Environments Demonstrate Potential for Use in Heart Valve Tissue Engineering. TISSUE ENGINEERING PART A. 19:458-466.
2012Specifying and Sustaining Pigmentation Patterns in Domestic and Wild Cats. SCIENCE. 337:1536-1541.
2011Boron nitride nanotube reinforced hydroxyapatite composite: Mechanical and tribological performance and in-vitro biocompatibility to osteoblasts. JOURNAL OF THE MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS. 4:44-56.
2011Wear behavior and in vitro cytotoxicity of wear debris generated from hydroxyapatite-carbon nanotube composite coating. JOURNAL OF BIOMEDICAL MATERIALS RESEARCH PART A. 96A:1-12.
2009Melanocyte pigmentation stiffens murine cardiac tricuspid valve leaflet. JOURNAL OF THE ROYAL SOCIETY INTERFACE. 6:1097-1102.
2008Endothelin 3 induces skin pigmentation in a keratin-driven inducible mouse model. JOURNAL OF INVESTIGATIVE DERMATOLOGY. 128:131-142.
2008Timeline and distribution of melanocyte precursors in the mouse heart. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 21:464-470.
2005Endothelin-1 and neuregulin-1 convert embryonic cardiomyocytes into cells of the conduction system in the mouse. DEVELOPMENTAL DYNAMICS. 233.
2014Novel UV-induced melanoma mouse model dependent on Endothelin3 signaling. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 839-842.
2014Ultraviolet radiation induces carcinogenesis in a novel transgenic mouse model of melanoma. CANCER RESEARCH.
2011Edn3 promotes metastasis and alters tumor heterogeneity in a mouse model of melanoma. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 803-804.
2011Ets1 interacts with Sox10 during murine melanocyte development. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 778-778.
2011Melanocytes and melanoma cells present different mechanical properties that can be modulated by Endothelin 3. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 805-805.
2011The other ones: non-cutaneous melanocytes. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 766-766.
2008Committed melanocyte precursors reach the heart and persist in the atrioventricular valves in areas of Versican B and elastin expression. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 309-310.
2008Neuregulin/ErbB3 signaling affects early melanocyte development. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 310-310.
2010Roles of endothelin signaling in melanocyte development and melanoma. PIGMENT CELL & MELANOMA RESEARCH. 160-170.
2010The Untranslated Side of Hair and Skin Mammalian Pigmentation: Beyond Coding Sequences. IUBMB LIFE. 340-346.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Pino, Javier, Transgneic Endothelin 3 Regulates Murine Pigment Production and Coat Color 2017
- Li, Xiaoshuang, Identification and Phenotypic Plasticity of Metastatic Cells in a Mouse Model of Melanoma 2017
- Chin, Nikeisha L, The Role of Endothelin 3 in Melanoma Progression and Metastasis 2015
- Afjei, Feng, A Content Analysis of Sustainability Dimensions in Annual Reports 2015
- Benaduce, Ana Paula, UV-Induced Melanoma Mouse Model Dependent on Endothelin 3 Over-Expression 2014
- Tavares, Amy Saldana, The Role of the Transcription Factor Ets1 in Melanocyte Development 2014
- Lowenstein, Marcia, Interactions between Endothelin Receptor B and Transcription Factors Sox10 and Pax3 in the Melanocyte Lineage 2009
- Brito, Flavia Carneiro, Melanocytes in the developing and adult atrioventricular valves of the murine heart 2008
- Fernandez, Irina, The role of ErbB3 in melanocyte development 2006
- Ayala, Aniveny, Identification of genes downstream of endothelin-3 signaling: characterization of WSB1 and SPC12 2001
advised honors theses
- Abujamra, Beatriz Abdo, Elastogenesis in developing murine aortic valve 2019
- Lopez, Jesus R., Over-expression of endothelin-3 increases tumor volume in a transgenic murine melanoma model 2019
- Durango, Alexander, Mechanism of Endothelin3 Regulation on Murine Coat Color 2018
- Torres, Raúl, Timing the Establishment of Metastatic Cell Intravasation in a Mouse Model of Melanoma 2018
- Garcia, Ruslan, Effects of Endothelin 3 on the Tumor-Angiogenic Response in a Novel Melanoma Mouse Model 2013
- Batista, Deannys, Over-Expression of Endothelin 3 Sensitizes Mice to Uv-Induced Melanoma Metastasis 2012
- Diaz, Denisse, Transgenic Expression of Endothelin Receptor-B Rescues the Aganglionosis Phenotype of Piebald Lethal Mice 2008
- won, Chulhan K, Cardiac Neural Crest Cells and Their Role in Murine Purkinje Fiber Development 2006
- Figueroa, Jessica, Inducible Overexpression of Endothelin-3 in a Transgenic Mouse Leads to Hyperpigmentation That Decreases Over Time 2006
- Prado, Jose R. Morillo, Expression of the Myod and T-Box Families of Transcription Factors in the Developing Purkinje Fiber 2005
- Piloto, Sarah, Analysis of the Expression Pattern of Wnt Receptor Frizzled 3 2004
- Salazar, Armando, Mus Musculus Neural Crest Development: Is Pax3 Regulating the Expression of Endothelin Receptor B? 2002
principal investigator on
- The role of metabotropic glutamate receptor 1 signaling in leptomeningeal melanoma awarded by National Institutes of Health 2016 - 2018
- The Role of Ets1 in Melanocyte Development awarded by National Institutes of Health 2012 - 2016
- Bridge Funding for Dr. Lidia Kos awarded by FIU Division of Research 2011 - 2012
- Generation of a UV-Dependent Mouse Model of Melanoma. awarded by National Institute of General Medical Sciences 2008 - 2012
co-principal investigator on
- LSAMP BD: Florida International University FGLSAMP awarded by National Science Foundation 2018 - 2020
- BSC3941-U30: Biological Sciences Research Internship Fall Term 2019
- BSC4915-U20: Honors Research Fall Term 2019
- BSC6913-U22: Student Research Lab Fall Term 2019
- BSC6913-U22: Student Research Lab Spring Term 2019
- Lidia Kos
Recent publications and grants in Scholars@FIU
publication subject areas
- Anatomy & Morphology
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Biotechnology & Applied Microbiology
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Genetics & Heredity
- Materials Science
- Science & Technology - Other Topics