- Dr. Hilary Landorf is the founding Executive Director of the Office of Global Learning Initiatives at Florida International University. This Office oversees FIU's university-wide initiative, Global Learning for Global Citizenship, winner of the Institute of International Education's 2016 Heiskell Award for Internationalizing the Campus. She is an Associate Professor in the School of Education and Human Development, and leader of FIU's Master of Science degree program in International and Intercultural Education. Since 2016 she has served as the Executive Director of the Comparative and International Education Society, the oldest and largest of 47 such associations in the world, with the mission of fostering cross-cultural understanding and scholarship.
Landorf's expertise centers on visioning, developing, designing, and implementing the policies and practices of global learning efforts in higher education. She has written, consulted, and presented internationally on integrating global learning into higher education. Her recent publications include "The Origins and Meaning of Global Learning," in the Internationalisation of Higher Education Handbook; "Global Perspectives on Global Citizenship" in Contesting and Constructing International Perspectives in Global Education; and "Education for Sustainable Human Development: Towards a Definition" in Theory and Research in Education.
Her most recent book is, "Making Global Learning Universal: Promoting Inclusion and Success for All Students," co-published in 2018 by Stylus Press and NAFSA: International Educators.
Scholarly & Creative Works
Works By Students
chaired theses and dissertations
- O'Keefe, Sabrena A, The Development and Initial Validation of a Self-Assessment for Global Leadership Competencies 2018
- Adeyiga, Valda J, The Relationship between Information Literacy and Global Learning 2017
- Hernandez, Eduardo, Exploring How Transformational Experiences of Faculty Participating in Global Learning Workshops Inform Practice 2015
- Mashav, Asuka H, An Exploration of the Reasons and Purposes of Non-Japanese Undergraduate Students for Taking a Beginners’ Japanese Language Course 2015
- Merisio, Claudio R, Higher Education in and for Rural Bolivia: Key Stakeholders' Perceptions of the Educational Experiences of Students who have Attended Unidad Académica Campesina Carmen Pampa. 2015
- Ottati, Daniela F, Geographical Literacy, Attitudes, and Experiences of Freshman Students: A Qualitative Study at Florida International University 2015
- Grigorescu, Claudia, Undergraduate Students’ Perceptions of Study Abroad and Their Level of Achievement of Global Learning Outcomes 2015
- Rehm, Jon C, Advanced Placement and American Education: A Foucauldian Analysis of the Advanced Placement Program of the College Board 2014
- Hafemeister, Bryn E., A Visual Critical Ethnography Of Youth Development In A Rio de Janeiro Favela 2014
- Pineda, Martha Fernanda, Developing a Process to Create and Validate an Instrument Assessing Student Attainment of Competencies at an Intercultural University in Mexico 2012
- Doscher, Stephanie Paul, The Development of Rubrics to Measure Undergraduate Students' Global Awareness and Global Perspective: A Validity Study 2012
- Fernandez, Roberto, Self-Determination Theory and Student Motivation in Social Studies in an Urban Broward County Public High School 2011
principal investigator on
- Hilary Landorf