2020The Ontology of Economic Things. ENTERPRISE & SOCIETY. 21:592-621.
2013Connecting the Cultural and the Material in Business History. ENTERPRISE & SOCIETY. 14:686-704.
2013Mediating Reputation: Credit Reporting Systems in American History. BUSINESS HISTORY REVIEW. 87:655-677.
2008The future of Alfred Chandler. ENTERPRISE & SOCIETY. 430-432.
2006Editor's introduction. ENTERPRISE & SOCIETY. 421-421.
2020Introduction: Mapping the Shadowlands of Capitalism. CAPITALISM'S HIDDEN WORLDS. 1-+.
2016Reassembling the Economic: New Departures in Historical Materialism. AMERICAN HISTORICAL REVIEW. 101-139.
2003Picturephone and the information age - The social meaning of failure. TECHNOLOGY AND CULTURE.
2000The historian in the rose garden?. TECHNOLOGY AND CULTURE.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Silvia, Adam M, A System-of-Systems Framework for Assessment of Resilience in Complex Construction Projects 2016
- Vasquez, Cesar A, A History of the United States Caribbean Defense Command (1941-1947) 2016
- Cruz-Fernández, Paula A. de la, Atlantic Threads: Singer in Spain and Mexico, 1860-1940 2013
- Calvo, Christopher W., An American Political Economy: Industry, Trade, and Finance in the Antebellum Mind 2010
- Morii, Yumiko, A Comparative Analysis of Corporate Finance in the United States and Japan From 1880 to 1930 2008
- Barrella, Jessica Rose, Landscape of fear : a social history of the missile during the early years of the cold war, 1950-1965 2007
- Calvo, Christopher W., The Adam Smith thesis 2002
principal investigator on
- Strategic Plan for Black Precinct and Courthouse in Overtown awarded by Black Police Precinct & Courthouse Museu 2016 - 2019
- Historical Exhibit for Hampton House awarded by John S. and James L. Knight Foundation 2017 - 2018
- Miami Beach Archives Digitalization Project awarded by City of Miami Beach 2014 - 2018
- Bridging the Gap: Linking History PhD Training to Non Academic Employment awarded by National Endowment for the Humanities 2016 - 2017
co-principal investigator on
- Digital Archives for Virginia Key awarded by Institute of Museum and Library Services 2018 - 2020
- Digital Archives for Virginia Key awarded by Institute of Museum and Library Services 2017 - 2019
- Hampton House African American Film Series awarded by Historic Hampton House Community Trust 2018 - 2019
- Teaching American History Grant awarded by U.S. Department of Education 2009 - 2013
- Teaching American History 7/12-6/13 awarded by Miami-Dade County Public Schools 2012 - 2013
- AMH5905-RVC: Readings in American History Fall Term 2019
- Kenneth Lipartito
Recent publications and grants in Scholars@FIU
publication subject areas
- Business & Economics
- Computer Science
- History & Philosophy of Science
- Social Sciences - Other Topics