Florentin Maurasse is a Professor in the Department of Earth and Environment, specializing in Sedimentology and Statigraphy.
PhD Columbia University, 1973
Diplome d'Etudes Supérieures (Stratigraphy-Paleontology), Marseilles, 1967
Licence des Sciences, Marseilles, 1966
Stratigraphy, paleoceanography, and paleogeography of the Caribbean. Radiolarian and smaller foraminiferal biostratigraphy. Litho- and biostratigraphy of deep sea sequences in the Caribbean Sea and exposed deep sea sequences on land. Climate changes as recorded in pelagic sequences. The Cretaceous-Tertiary Boundary in southern Haiti and other Caribbean sites.
Other interests include carbonate facies development and distribution in the Plio-Pleistocene carbonates of South Florida and their relation to the region's hydrogeology.
Scholarly & Creative Works
Works By Students
chaired theses and dissertations
- Llaguno, Jose R, Paleoenvironments, origin, and relative maturity of organic matter in Barremian-Aptian limestones of the eastern Prada Quarry, Organyà Basin, NE Spain 2017
- Hernandez, Yosmel Sanchez, Paleoenvironments and Geochemical Signals from the Late Barremian to the Middle Aptian in a Tethyan Marginal Basin, Northeast Spain: Implications for Carbon Sequestration in Restricted Basins 2014
- Narvaez, Tatiana Gaona, Lower Aptian Comparative Stratigraphy of the Basco-Cantabrian Region (Spain) and Eastern Cordillera (Colombia): implications for local factors in the depositional record of Oceanic Anoxic Event 1a (OAE-1a) 2013
- Barragan, Ricardo, Ammonite biostratigraphy, lithofacies variations, and paleoceanographic implications for barremian-aptian sequences of northeastern Mexico 2000
- Cuevas, Elba Dayton, The radiolarian biostratigraphy of the oceanic formation, Conset Bay, Barbados, West Indies 1994
principal investigator on
co-principal investigator on
- Florentin Maurasse
- https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2383-1969 (confirmed)