- Dr. Mishra is actively involved in research and has published 30 papers and has several other working papers and research in progress. She has published articles in premier journals such as Journal of Financial Economics (JFE, The top second ranked journal in Finance), Journal of Financial Markets (JFM), Journal of Financial Research (JFR), Accounting Horizons etc. Her areas of research are Asset Pricing, Market Microstructure and Corporate Governance. Moreover, she regularly presents papers in several professional conferences such as The Northern Finance Association, The Financial Management Association, Eastern Finance Association, Southern Finance Association to name a few. She has reviewed several papers for the Journal of Banking and Finance, Financial Management, Financial Review and Journal of Financial Research etc. Her teaching experience includes such courses as Corporate Finance, Fixed Income Securities and International Finance and Ph.D. seminar in Financial Modeling and Market Microstructure.
- Corporate Finance; Financial Markets and Institutions; International Finance; Interactions Between Financial Markets and Corporate Decisions; Corporate Governance in Connection with Macroeconomics; Regulations and Capital Market Research
Scholarly & Creative Works
2020Heterogeneous beliefs and return volatility around seasoned equity offerings. JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL ECONOMICS. 137:571-589.
2020CFO appointment and debt-equity choice. MANAGERIAL FINANCE. 46:179-196.
2020Dual-class ownership structure and audit fees. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF AUDITING. 24.
2019Intermarket sweep order trade size clustering around corporate announcements. APPLIED ECONOMICS. 51:5258-5267.
2019Earnings informativeness in dual-class firms An empirical investigation of the earnings quality and the information environment. REVIEW OF ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE. 18:399-431.
2018Exchange traded funds: leverage and liquidity. APPLIED ECONOMICS. 50.
2018Understanding spread in the electronic futures markets: financial crisis perspective. APPLIED ECONOMICS. 50:2243-2250.
2016Gender Diversity in Compensation Committees. JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING AUDITING AND FINANCE. 31.
2014Intraday Trading and Bid-Ask Spread Characteristics for SPX and SPY Options. JOURNAL OF DERIVATIVES. 21:70-84.
2013Market reactions to appointment of audit committee directors post-SOX: A note. JOURNAL OF ACCOUNTING AND PUBLIC POLICY. 32:84-89.
2009Spread behavior around board meetings for firms with concentrated insider ownership. JOURNAL OF FINANCIAL MARKETS. 12:592-610.
2008Auditor Tenure and Shareholder Ratification of the Auditor. ACCOUNTING HORIZONS. 22:297-314.
2007Skewness preference and the measurement of abnormal returns. APPLIED ECONOMICS. 39.
2007Types of nonaudit fees and financial reporting quality. AUDITING-A JOURNAL OF PRACTICE & THEORY. 26:133-145.
2005Do investors' perceptions vary with types of nonaudit fees? Evidence from auditor ratification voting. AUDITING-A JOURNAL OF PRACTICE & THEORY. 24:9-25.
Works By Students
chaired theses and dissertations
- Rahman, Mohammad Anisur, Short Selling: Implications for Corporate Governance and Capital Structure 2018
- Talukdar, Muhammad Bakhtear U, CFO Turnover, Firm’s Debt-Equity Choice and Information Environment 2016
- Nguyen, Vinh Huy L, Institutional Investors, Insiders and the Firm 2016
- March, Samique, Three Essays on the Microstructure of Exchange Traded Funds 2013
- Strobl, Sascha, Liquidity, Governance and Adverse Selection in Asset Pricing 2013
- Lobanova, Olesya, Three Essays on Dual-Class Stock Structure 2012
Finance Dissertation Preparation
Finance Doctoral Independent Study
Finance Doctoral Research Project
Financial Futures and Fixed Income Investments
Financial Risk Management-Financial Engineering
Financial Theory III
Foundations of Financial Models
Global Financial Strategy
International Financial Management
- Suchismita Mishra
- https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1715-3279 (confirmed)