Dr. Raghunandan (Raghu) has extensive academic and professional experience in accounting. Before graduate studies, he worked as an internal auditor with Tube Investments of India Ltd. Prior to joining FIU, he was on the faculty of Bentley College, the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth, and as the Radcliffe Killam Distinguished Professor of Accounting at Texas & M International University.
Raghu's teaching interests include Accounting and Auditing. He currently teaches courses in the areas of Data Analytics and the Environment of the Accounting Profession. In his classes, he uses many innovative approaches and provides students with access to leading pedagogical materials, including free access to students for the courses available at DataCamp.com.
Raghu's research interests have spanned the broad areas of audit markets and corporate governance. He has multiple publications in each of the following premier accounting, auditing, and pedagogical journals: The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research, Contemporary Accounting Research, Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Journal of Accounting Auditing & Finance, Accounting Horizons, and Issues in Accounting Education. He also has multiple publications in practitioner journals such as Journal of Accountancy, CPA Journal and Internal Auditor. His research has been cited in numerous publications of the GAO, PCAOB, and SEC.
Raghu has served as an Associate Editor of Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory, Journal of Accounting Auditing & Finance and Accounting Horizons. He serves (or has served) on the Editorial Boards of, or as reviewer for, many other journals including The Accounting Review, Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting & Public Policy, and Issues in Accounting Education.
- Audit and Internal Controls; Corporate Governance; Financial Accounting; Internal Controls and Auditing
Scholarly & Creative Works
Other Scholarly Work
Works By Students
chaired theses and dissertations
- Belina, Hambisa, Occurrence and Consequences of Surprise Internal Control Disclosures 2018
- Talukdar, Muhammad Bakhtear U, CFO Turnover, Firm’s Debt-Equity Choice and Information Environment 2016
- Haq, Izhar, Role of the Audit Committee Chair in the Financial Reporting Process 2015
- Singhvi, Meghna, Audit Committee Director Turnover 2011
- Rickling, Maria F, Three Essays on Corporate Governance and Meeting-Beating or Missing Analyst Forecasts 2011
- Munsif, Vishal, Internal Control Reporting by Non-Accelerated Filers 2011
- Litt, Barri A, An Examination of Accounting and Auditing Issues Related to Strategic Environmental Initiatives 2011
- Kannan Raghunandan
- https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6332-1934 (confirmed)