2019Evaluating Docker storage performance: from workloads to graph drivers. CLUSTER COMPUTING-THE JOURNAL OF NETWORKS SOFTWARE TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS. 22:1159-1172.
2018LIBPM: Simplifying Application Usage of Persistent Memory. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON STORAGE. 14.
2012Modeling Virtualized Applications using Machine Learning Techniques. ACM SIGPLAN NOTICES. 47:3-14.
2010A user-centric network communication broker for multimedia collaborative computing. MULTIMEDIA TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS. 50:335-357.
2010Generalized ERSS tree model: Revisiting working sets. PERFORMANCE EVALUATION. 67:1139-1154.
2010I/O Deduplication: Utilizing Content Similarity to Improve I/O Performance. ACM TRANSACTIONS ON STORAGE. 6.
20092LP: A double-lazy XML parser. INFORMATION SYSTEMS. 34:145-163.
2009Platform-independent modeling and prediction of application resource usage characteristics. JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE. 82:2117-2127.
2008CVM - A communication virtual machine. JOURNAL OF SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE. 81:1640-1662.
2005Systems support for preemptive disk scheduling. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON COMPUTERS. 54:1314-1326.
2017In Search of the Ideal Storage Configuration for Docker Containers. 2017 IEEE 2ND INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOPS ON FOUNDATIONS AND APPLICATIONS OF SELF* SYSTEMS (FAS*W). 199-206.
2015Centaur: Host-side SSD Caching for Storage Performance Control. 2015 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AUTONOMIC COMPUTING. 51-60.
2015Revenue Driven Resource Allocation for Virtualized Data Centers. 2015 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON AUTONOMIC COMPUTING. 197-206.
2013Vector Repacking Algorithms for Power-Aware Computing. 2013 INTERNATIONAL GREEN COMPUTING CONFERENCE (IGCC).
2010Application Performance Modeling in a Virtualized Environment. HPCA-16 2010: SIXTEENTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE, PROCEEDINGS. 319-+.
2010MODEL-DRIVEN NETWORK EMULATION WITH VIRTUAL TIME MACHINE. 2015 WINTER SIMULATION CONFERENCE (WSC). 688-696.
2008A modeling approach for estimating execution time of long-running scientific applications. 2008 IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON PARALLEL & DISTRIBUTED PROCESSING, VOLS 1-8. 799-+.
2008EXCES: EXternal Caching in Energy Saving Storage Systems. 2008 IEEE 14TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON HIGH PEFORMANCE COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE. 81-92.
2008Toward scalable routing experiments with real-time network simulation. PADS 2008: 22ND INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON PRINCIPLES OF ADVANCED AND DISTRIBUTED SIMULATION, PROCEEDINGS. 23-30.
2007Automatic generation of user-centric multimedia communication services. 2007 IEEE INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATIONS CONFERENCE, VOLS 1 AND 2. 324-+.
2007Beyond lazy XML parsing. DATABASE AND EXPERT SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS, PROCEEDINGS. 75-+.
2007STORM: An approach to database storage management in clustered storage environments. CCGRID 2007: SEVENTH IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON CLUSTER COMPUTING AND THE GRID. 565-+.
2006A communication virtual machine. 30TH ANNUAL INTERNATIONAL COMPUTER SOFTWARE AND APPLICATIONS CONFERENCE, VOL 1, REGULAR PAPERS/PANELS, PROCEEDINGS. 521-+.
2006A user-centric network communication broker for multimedia collaborative computing. 2006 INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COLLABORATIVE COMPUTING: NETWORKING, APPLICATIONS AND WORKSHARING. 162-+.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Chowdhury, Mohammad Ataur Rahman, Rethinking the I/O Stack for Persistent Memory 2018
- Marmol, Leonardo, Customized Interfaces for Modern Storage Devices 2017
- Campello, Daniel Jose, Optimizing Main Memory Usage in Modern Computing Systems to Improve Overall System Performance 2016
- Kundu, Sajib, Improving Resource Management in Virtualized Data Centers using Application Performance Models 2013
- Koller, Ricardo, Improving Caches in Consolidated Environments 2012
- Useche, Luis Enrique, Optimizing Storage and Memory Systems for Energy and Performance 2012
- Guerra, Jorge, Improving Storage with Stackable Extensions 2012
- Bhadkamkar, Medha, Improving Storage Performance Through Layout Optimizations 2009
principal investigator on
- SHF: Small: Vertically Integrated Persistence awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2020
- CSR: Medium: Collaborative Research: NVM-enabled Host-side Caches awarded by National Science Foundation 2016 - 2019
- CSR: Small: Non-blocking Writes awarded by National Science Foundation 2013 - 2017
- Collaborative Cybersecurity Research at Florida SUS Institutions awarded by University of South Florida 2015 - 2016
- CSR: Small: Energy Proportional Storage awarded by National Science Foundation 2010 - 2015
- CAREER: Active Block Layer Extension: A Foundation for Building Self-Managing Storage Systems awarded by National Science Foundation 2008 - 2014
- Streamlining High-End Computing with Software Persistent Memory awarded by National Science Foundation 2010 - 2013
- IBM Ph.D. Fellowship for Jorge Guerra awarded by IBM Corporation 2010 - 2012
- QoS-Enabled High-Performance Storage Systems for Data-Intensive Scientific Computing. awarded by U.S. Department of Energy 2006 - 2010
- Subproject for Main Project IDNbr212700501: Request for REU Supplement to the NSF grant IIS-0534530. awarded by National Science Foundation 2007 - 2009
co-principal investigator on
- CIS7910-U12: Graduate Research Fall Term 2019
- CIS7910-U12: Graduate Research Spring Term 2019
- CIS7980-U03: Ph.D. Dissertation Spring Term 2019
- CIS7980-U17: Ph.D. Dissertation Fall Term 2019
- COP4610-RVC: Operating Systems Principles Fall Term 2019
- COP4610-RVD: Operating Systems Principles Spring Term 2019
- Raju Rangaswami
Recent publications and grants in Scholars@FIU
publication subject areas
- Computer Science