- Dr. A. Selcuk Uluagac is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Florida International University, where where he leads the Cyber-Physical Systems Security Lab (CSL). He has served as a member of the research faculty as a Senior Research Engineer in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The Georgia Institute of Technology and prior to Georgia Tech, he was a Senior Research Engineer at Symantec.
2018Privacy-preserving protocols for secure and reliable data aggregation in IoT-enabled Smart Metering systems. FUTURE GENERATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS-THE INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ESCIENCE. 78:547-557.
2017A Survey on Smart Grid Cyber-Physical System Testbeds. IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SURVEYS AND TUTORIALS. 19:446-464.
2017UAV-Enabled Intelligent Transportation Systems for the Smart City: Applications and Challenges. IEEE COMMUNICATIONS MAGAZINE. 55:22-28.
2016A simple visualization and programming framework for wireless sensor networks: PROVIZ. AD HOC NETWORKS. 53:1-16.
2016In-Depth Survey of Digital Advertising Technologies. IEEE COMMUNICATIONS SURVEYS AND TUTORIALS. 18:2124-2148.
2016Wireless Infrastructure in Industrial Control Systems. CYBER-SECURITY OF SCADA AND OTHER INDUSTRIAL CONTROL SYSTEMS. 63:29-49.
2015GTID: A Technique for Physical Device and Device Type Fingerprinting. IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON DEPENDABLE AND SECURE COMPUTING. 12:519-532.
2019A Heuristic-based Private Bitcoin Payment Network Formation Using Off-Chain Links. 2019 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON BLOCKCHAIN (BLOCKCHAIN 2019). 294-301.
20176thSense: A Context-aware Sensor-based Attack Detector for Smart Devices. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 26TH USENIX SECURITY SYMPOSIUM (USENIX SECURITY '17). 397-414.
2017Identifying Counterfeit Smart Grid Devices: A Lightweight System Level Framework. 2010 IEEE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS.
2016A Framework for Counterfeit Smart Grid Device Detection (IEEE CNS 2016 Poster). 2014 IEEE CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORK SECURITY (CNS). 382-383.
2016A Reliable Data Aggregation Mechanism with Homomorphic Encryption in Smart Grid AMI Networks. 2016 13TH IEEE ANNUAL CONSUMER COMMUNICATIONS & NETWORKING CONFERENCE (CCNC).
2016Inducing Data Loss in Zigbee Networks via Join/Association Handshake Spoofing. 2014 IEEE CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORK SECURITY (CNS). 401-405.
2015Software Defined Networking for Wireless Local Networks in Smart Grid. 2015 IEEE 40TH LOCAL COMPUTER NETWORKS CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS (LCN WORKSHOPS). 826-831.
2014A Multi-factor Re-authentication Framework with User Privacy. 2014 IEEE CONFERENCE ON COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORK SECURITY (CNS). 504-505.
chaired theses and dissertations
- Yesilyurt, Halim Burak, A Simplified Secure Programming Platform for Internet of Things Devices 2018
- Cybersecurity; privacy; Internet of Things; Cyber-Physical Systems; computer security; network security; systems security; digital forensics; smart city security; critical infrastructure security; smart home/office/building security and privacy; cybersecurity workforce development; smart grid security; cybersecurity education
principal investigator on
- Collaborative Research: SuRPASS: NSF SFS Unique Scholarship Program in Hardware and Systems Security awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2021
- CAREER: Securing Sensory Side-Channels in Cyber-Physical Systems awarded by National Science Foundation 2015 - 2020
- SaTC:TTP:Small:Collaborative: Privacy-Aware Wearable-Assisted Continous Authentication Framework awarded by National Science Foundation 2017 - 2019
- FC2 Capacity Building Program FY2016-2017 awarded by University of South Florida 2017 - 2019
- SI2-SSE: A Sustainable Wireless Sensor Software Development Framework for Science and Engineering Researchers awarded by National Science Foundation 2015 - 2017
- Fingerprinting IoT Wearables for Mission Security awarded by Air Force Office of Scientific Research 2015
co-principal investigator on
- REU Site: Security of Smart Things awarded by National Science Foundation 2018 - 2021
- DroneITS: Drone-aided Platform for Enabling Next Generation Intelligent Transport Systems awarded by Qatar National Research Fund 2016 - 2019
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Integratable, Composable and Evolvable Cybersecurity in Energy Delivery Systems awarded by U.S. Department of Energy 2018 - 2019
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Integratable, Composable and Evolvable Cybersecurity in Energy Delivery Systems awarded by U.S. Department of Energy 2017 - 2018
- An Interdisciplinary Approach to Integratable, Composable and Evolvable Cybersecurity in Energy Delivery Systems awarded by U.S. Department of Energy 2015 - 2018
- REU Site: Security of Smart Things: From Small Devices to Large Infrastructures awarded by National Science Foundation 2015 - 2018
- EEL4930-U01: Sp Top Elec Eng Fall Term 2019
- EEL6787-RH1: Network Security Fall Term 2019
- EEL6787-RXA: Network Security Fall Term 2019
- EEL6787-RXPF: Network Security Fall Term 2019
- EEL6787-U01C: Network Security Fall Term 2019
- EEL6905-U04: Individual Work Spring Term 2019
- EEL6905-U17: Individual Work Fall Term 2019
- EEL6931-U08: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering Fall Term 2019
- EEL6931-U11: Special Topics in Electrical and Computer Engineering Spring Term 2019
- EEL6971-U02: Research Master¿s Thesis Spring Term 2019
- EEL6971-U06: Research Master¿s Thesis Fall Term 2019
- EEL7910-U02: Advanced Research Fall Term 2019
- EEL7980-U10: Ph.D. Dissertation Fall Term 2019
- Arif Selcuk Uluagac
- Selcuk Uluagac
- https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9823-3464 (confirmed)
Recent publications and grants in Scholars@FIU
publication subject areas
- Computer Science