Dr. Xia has published in a number of refereed journals and conference proceedings, including the MIS Quarterly, Decision Sciences, Communications of the ACM, Journal of Management Information Systems, Information and Management, European Journal of Information Systems, Journal of Information Technology Management, International Journal of Career Development, Journal of Statistics and Management Systems, Journal of End-User Computing, and International Conference on Information Systems. He is an Associate Editor of Information Systems Research and on the editorial board of Journal of Database Management.
Dr. Xia served on the faculty of the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota, where he was an MBA/MIS program coordinator, undergraduate MIS program coordinator, and taught a number of courses at the PhD, Executive MBA, MBA, and undergraduate levels. He is a co-founder and co-director of the CIO Research Consortium on IS/IT Organizational Design and Governance. He is a certified six-sigma black belt. He has worked closely with senior executives at a number of Fortune 500 companies.
- Business and IT Strategy; Project Management; Organizational Agility; Healthcare IT Management; Innovation Adoption and Evaluation; Outsourcing Management
Scholarly & Creative Works
Works By Students
chaired theses and dissertations
- zhang, peng, An Empirical Study of Health Information Exchange Success Factors 2017
- Zhang, Mingyu, Client-Vendor Collaboration in Information Technology Development Projects And Its Emerging Outcomes 2017
- Hur, Inkyoung, Patient-centered care process enabled by Integrative Social Media Platform in an outpatient setting 2016
co-principal investigator on
- Weidong Xia
- https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3855-0705 (confirmed)